Super Meat Boy Forever Dev on EGS Exclusivity: ‘I Don’t Know Anyone Who Wouldn’t Take That Deal’

Super Meat Boy Forever Art

Super Meat Boy Forever is one of many indie games on PC that will be temporarily exclusive to the Epic Games Store.

During the recent PAX West 2019, Super Meat Boy Forever creator Tommy Refenes spoke with Destructoid on how the deal came to be.

They told me they want Super Meat Boy Forever on the Epic Games Store but it would be a year exclusive. At first, I was kind of like ‘Oh…okay. Then they said they would guarantee our sales. Even then, I’m kind of like ‘I don’t even know what to ask for. So, run the numbers and tell me what you would offer.’ They did, and I was like ‘Yes!’ It was a total no-brainer. After I got the numbers, the level of fear of not launching on Steam for PC was immediately alleviated.

That’s huge. That’s huge for anyone in any industry to be like ‘When you get done with your work, you’re definitely going to make this much.’ I don’t know who wouldn’t take that deal.

We announced at The Game Awards, and these are things that I’m not going to get anywhere else. To actually have Meat Boy on the screen at The Game Awards is nuts.

Refenes also said some of the user complaints about the Epic Games Store are legitimate, while others simply aren’t.

I was completely expecting that, and I was completely expecting people to bring up Tencent stuff. What’s unfortunate is that the concerns some people have are reasonable. You have people who are like ‘It’s not that great of a store’ or whatever. But then you have the wild bullshit of Chinese spyware conspiracy theory crap. It’s like ‘Okay, you people shut up’ because the people who have actual concerns are being drowned out, and I think it’s a shame. They all get lumped together.

Super Meat Boy Forever is due in late 2019 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS.

The post Super Meat Boy Forever Dev on EGS Exclusivity: ‘I Don’t Know Anyone Who Wouldn’t Take That Deal’ by Alessio Palumbo appeared first on Wccftech.



Refference- https://wccftech.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments