Reedus: I Completely Forgot About P.T. When I Heard of Death Stranding, Thank God It Didn’t Work Out

Norman Reedus

Norman Reedus, the American actor mainly known for his role as Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead TV series, makes his debut in a full game with Death Stranding, where he plays as protagonist Sam Porter Bridges.

That said, he had a previous project with Hideo Kojima as some of you might recall. He was the protagonist of P.T. and he was meant to be featured in the full Silent Hills game as well before that got canceled in April 2015.

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, however, Reedus (who never played P.T.) said he forgot quickly about Silent Hills after he learned about Death Stranding from Kojima, considering this new project to be 'way better'.

It was completely different. Silent Hills had the backstory and people knew that game, knew what it was about and what it would look like. When that went away, I was bummed, but when Hideo described what we were doing next, I completely forgot about it. I was like, thank god that didn’t work because this is way better. This is a completely different thing. I’ve been with Hideo at the Game Awards, and he’s like the Beatles. Grown men in their 40s are screaming with tears in their eyes like Elvis just walked into the room. I’m like, who is this guy? The Hideo that I know is a friend of mine. He’s had dinner at my house, met my girlfriend and my cat. He’s always been super personable and such a friendly guy with a great sense of humor. He’s great to hang out with. I’ve really gotten to know the mind of Hideo a little bit. I like the fact that Silent Hills didn’t happen, to be honest, because I’ve gotten such a peek into the way he works and the way he thinks, and I’m completely blown away by this guy.

Needless to say, the millions of Silent Hill fans would likely beg to disagree with Reedus, particularly as Konami has done nothing noteworthy with the IP since Kojima's project was canceled. On the other hand, P.T. has spawned a veritable amount of clones and spiritual successors from independent developers, so there is that.

Death Stranding itself will release on November 8th for PlayStation 4, while a PC version is expected at some point in Summer 2020. Meanwhile, you can check out our review roundup.

The post Reedus: I Completely Forgot About P.T. When I Heard of Death Stranding, Thank God It Didn’t Work Out by Alessio Palumbo appeared first on Wccftech.



Refference- https://wccftech.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments